Yes, on allegiant, your backpack will be considered a personal item, so you have to ensure that you can bring only one item with you, which will be completely underneath the seat in front of you. If you choose to bring a carry-on bag or checked baggage, you must pay the baggage fee to the airline. For that, you have to make sure that you check the official website of Allegiant to know more about it. So you can bring one personal item, and your backpack is considered one personal item for Allegiant airlines.
Allegiant personal item weight limit
Suppose you are worried about the weight limit of personal items set by allegiant airlines. In that case, you have to note that there are no restrictions for the weight limit on an allegiant personal item by allegiant airlines. If you have taken one personal item along, you are fine, although no weight limit is mentioned even on the official website of Allegiant airlines. Even the baggage policy of allegiant airlines does not mention the weight limit of personal items you can carry.
Is Allegiant strict on personal item size?
Allegiant is strict on personal item size. If you want to take a personal item, you must know that it is allegiant with you. Then you have to note that certain dimensions will be checked by the allegiant if you bring your item at the check-in, and for that, you are allowed allegiant air personal item size of 7x15x16 inches. You cannot take any personal item with you if it exceeds the dimensions set up. After reading this, you learned how strict it is with personal items. So if you want to avoid extra fees, you must strictly follow the personal item size of allegiant.
What does Allegiant consider a personal item?
After reading the size of the personal item and the quantity which you can bring to check in with allegiant now, you must be thinking, what is allegiant personal item consists of? To answer that, you must know that if you bring a personal item, it can be a purse, briefcase, or small backpack. So you can bring any of these, and you will be allowed to check in with allegiant, and you have to keep that personal item with you. If you want to know more about a list of personal items, as per allegiant, you have to note these items so that you will have no complexity when picking one personal item before going to allegiant airlines flight departure, and you will be facing no problems when you are checking in at the airport. You can bring one of these items.
- Small backpack
- Laptop bag
- Diaper bag
- Food items that can be consumed immediately
Fees for personal item baggage
It is free of cost if it is not exceeding the limit of weight which is 11.34 kg or 25 lbs.
In case there is more than one personal item, and the size of that item is more than what is set by the allegiant, then you have to pay an amount of $50 to $75 to Allegiant airlines.
What size carry-on bag does Allegiant allow?
Now, after knowing about the personal items you will carry with you, you also need to know about carry-on bags, like what size and how much you can take with you to know that you have to go through the policies allegiant.
Carry on the Baggage policy of allegiant
- Allegiant allows one carry-on small personal item such as a purse, briefcase, or backpack fee free and one carry-on bag subject to an application fee.
- You have to ensure that the carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions which are 9x14x22 inches and include handles and wheels.
- And you have to fit them in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
Now talking about personal items, they should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions set up by allegiant
38 linear inches (16 x 15 x 7 in) or 96.5 centimeters (40.6x38.1x17.8cm)
The maximum weight that is allowed is 25 lbs or 11.34 kg
Fit the item under the seat in front of you
A jacket, umbrella, diaper bag, duty-free items, and assistive devices such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc., do not count towards your carry-on allowance.
Fees for carrying on
- If you want to know about carry-on bag fees, then you have to know that cost will change according to how you are considering the cost for carry-on. You will have to pay the cost of the airline's bags exceeding more than the standard 40 pounds or 18 kg.
- The cost varies, so you must ensure you read all the given.
- You will be charged $40 extra per bag if your baggage weighs between 30 to 70 pounds or 18-32 kg.
- You must pay $75 extra per bag if your baggage weighs between 71 to 100 pounds or 33 to 46 kg.
- Allegiant airlines will not transport checked baggage or hold luggage if they exceed 100 pounds or 46 kg weight limit.
And they will take an extra fee of $75 per bag more than 80 linear or 203.2 cm.
Can I take a bottle of water on Allegiant?
Yes, you can take a bottle of water on allegiant, and you must note that you are allowed to bring liquid in containers less than 3.4 oz, which is 100 ml. You must place them in a transparent quart-sized bag. Only then can you can take allegiant carry-on liquids along with you.
If you want to take liquids with you, you must ensure the following.
You must adhere to the 3-1-1 rule, which states that
- A liquid is limited to 3.4-ounce containers or smaller
- You must put all liquid containers in one see-through quart-sized plastic bag
- And each passenger can only carry one of these bags in their luggage. If you carry more than that, you cannot carry excess liquid.
- Common items that are liquid and comply 3-1-1 rule
- Toothpaste Shampoo Conditioner Mouthwash and Lotion, if you bring any of these mentioned items, you have to ensure that they comply with the 3-1-1 rule of allegiant airlines.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.