The airline's name change policy will be available if you want to modify your name on the Aer Lingus flight ticket. The airline designed the policy so that corrections and critical edits can be performed. To change your name, agree to the terms and conditions of the airline’s name change policy.
What are the terms and conditions of the Aer Lingus name change policy?
The name change policy of the airline was made available for the passengers who, after booking their flight ticket, want to make corrections to their name on the flight ticket. Making changes to the name is possible, but you must pay the name change fees. Read the terms and conditions below carefully if you want to change your name.
- A name change can include
- Typographical errors and misspellings etc.
- Legal reasons such as marriage, divorce, adoption, etc.
- Supporting documents (valid legal id) should be submitted by changing your name.
- You can change your name until 2 hours before your flight departure. However, try to do it as early as possible.
- Up to 3 characters in the first, middle, and last names can be changed.
- If you are planning to make it done at the airport, are there before 2 hours of your flight scheduled departure.
- If you have purchased a ticket from a third party or travel agent, contact them if you want to make changes to your name. The travel agent will help you provide a solution for the same.
- Do not cancel your flight ticket because of an error in your name.
- The airline will charge you some name change fees. Pay the fees and get an updated ticket on your registered email id.
- A name change can be done on both international and domestic flight tickets.
- Do not get worried if you find your name misspelled on the flight ticket and try to board using that ticket.
Can I change the name on the Aer Lingus flight ticket over the phone call?
You must know the process to change the name mentioned in the ticket. The name change is easy; only you should clearly understand the terms and conditions of Aer Lingus name change policy (i.e, name correction policy). To do so, dial the official phone number of the airline and approach the customer care executive. The steps involved in name change are as follows:
- Dial 1 (800) 474-7424 and follow the IVR instructions.
- Press * to choose the language of your preference.
- To book a flight ticket, press the button 0.
- To change your name on the flight ticket, press the key $.
- To cancel a flight ticket, press the key #.
- To speak to a live person, press the key 1.
- To get special assistance, press the key 2
- To learn about the name change policy of the airline, press 3
- After connecting with the live person, tell him your reservation number and last name to change your name.
- Pay any required fees.
Is it possible to make changes to Aer Lingus by visiting the airport?
Yes, a name change can be performed by visiting the airport. The airline has given this name change method to passengers who want the correction in their name immediately. But remember, reach the airport as early as possible because it will take some time to complete the name change process, or there may be long queues at the airport. Visit the airport 2 hours before your flight scheduled departure. Go to the check-in counter and ask the customer to change your name. Tell him your booking reference number and last name. He will provide you with a new ticket on your registered email id. Pay the name change fees. Do not forget to bring one id proof that your name has been correctly written.
How much does Aer Lingus charge the fee for a name change?
The Aer Lingus name change fee will depend upon the class of service. Fees charged by the airlines differ from one the fees charged by the airline are as follow:
- Basic Economy: Not allowed
- Economy Flex: 250USD
- Premium Economy: 225 USD
- Business class: 200 USD
- First class: 100 USD
Always make sure that the name mentioned on your flight ticket and the name mentioned on your government-issued ID card or passport are similar. All the airlines cross-check this while you enter the airport as soon as you receive your flight ticket, and review your name and other information to avoid any last minute rush or confusion. If any correction is required and you missed it, then you will not be allowed to board your flight. If you have any questions regarding Aer Lingus name correction, connect with the customer care team at the airline.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.