When you book the flight to visit your desired destination, but after submitting the details and making the payments, you realize that you have made a spelling mistake in the name. In this situation, most airlines allow changes in the name, and American Airlines is one of those. While traveling with the American airline, passengers will get the facility to make the changes in the name. Still, the changes can only be done according to the policies of American airlines. To seek complete information about the American airline's name change, you need to read below.
The name change policy of American airlines is below mentioned
- If you book the flight from the official website of American airlines or via the American Airlines mobile application and want to correct the name within 24 hours of flight booking, then you can do it free of cost.
- If the passenger changes the name after 24 hours of flight booking, you have to pay the charges, which will increase as per the flight departure date.
- If the passenger makes the bookings by using any deals, vouchers, or offers, they will have to pay the charges for changing the name.
- If the passenger changes their name due to their marriage, they must show the marriage certificate to the official American Airlines representative.
- According to the American airline's name change policy, the passenger can only make changes in the three to four letters of the surname. If passengers want to make a complete name change, they will need to connect with American Airlines representatives.
- American Airlines will not allow the passenger to change them if they want to do that before 2 hours of flight departure or if they want to change the name after getting the boarding pass.
- If the passenger wants to make significant changes in the name, like adding the middle name or replacing the surname, they will have to contact the representatives.
- If the passenger gets divorced after making the bookings, they will need to show the legal documents and change the name without paying any charges.
The process you need to follow for a name change on American airlines is below mention.
- Open the official website of American airlines https://www.aa.com in any suitable search engine.
- After this, find out the option of manage bookings from the page and open it.
- Now fill out the passenger's last name and bookings reference number in the given space and then submit the details.
- Following this, your bookings will be open; you need to select the bookings which you want to change.
- Next, you need to click on the name tab and then modify the name.
- Further, you must fill out the correct name per the legal documents and save the changes.
- Now you need to open the payments section and make the payments using any suitable method.
- Last you will get the message of successfully changing the name on the mentioned contact details.
What is American airlines' name change fee?
The American airline's name change fee will vary depending on the flight's route and destination. If the passenger is going to any domestic destination, they will need to pay 100USD to 120USD, and if they are going to any international destination, they will have to pay 130USD to 150USD as per the fee.
The above steps will help you know about the American airline's name change fee. If you have any issues while changing the name, you can also connect with the official American Airlines representative; they will help you and provide solutions to your queries.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.