Air India is one of the most loved airlines, providing immense support to its passengers. The airline comes from India and is well known for providing utter satisfaction to its passengers. It is done with utmost consideration at Air India, from booking facilities to assisting travelers. So, if one suffers from any problem, they can always turn their head to Air India.
If it’s a refund that is bothering you and you are unaware of the process involved in asking for the Air India refund also the policy associated with it. Then, refer to the information below and find yourself getting your refund from Air India.
How to apply for a refund at Air India?
There are various ways to apply for a refund at Air India. All of them are as listed below:
Through the official webpage
- The first step is to visit the official webpage of Air India. You will find out the “Manage Booking” option.
- Click on the tab, and then you can fill in the required information like your booking code and last name. And then, hit on the “Search” button to search for your flight associated with your booking reference.
- Then, once you have found your booking, click on the cancel option and confirm your booking cancellation.
- And then, you will have to follow the onscreen instructions to the refund window. Fill in the refund form, and then you can hit the “submit” button to finish the refund process.
- As soon as your refund form is processed, you will find the amount reflected in your account.
By Calling Air India
You can call on the official number of Air India, 1 (888) 634-1407. For the initial phase, you will connect with the IVR, and it will ask you to choose your language and you’re calling reason. Once you have pressed the numbers per the requirements, you will connect with the human assistant. The human assistant will assist you further in getting the refund from Air India. You can also check for your Air India refund status by calling the customer service of Air India too.
Visit the nearby airport
You can also visit the nearby airport and then visit the airport counter. You can ask the assistant available at the desk for the refund. Follow their lead and answer all of the questions asked by them to grab your refund.
Air India Refund policy
You should always adhere to the terms and conditions of applying for a refund, widely popular as the Air India refund policy. Knowing the policy benefits both the passengers and the airline. So, you should read the highlights of it written below:
Highlights of Air India Refund policy
- The airline allows the passenger to apply for a refund without paying the cancellation charges for the first 24 hours after purchasing the flight ticket.
- However, if you apply for the refund after 24 hours of a risk-free time frame, you will get your refund after deducting the cancellation charges.
- If your ticket is a refundable type, you will get a complete refund whenever you apply for the refund. Still, if it is a non-refundable fare, then you will receive your refund after the cancellation charges deduction and also in the form of travel credit.
- The flight ticket booked by a travel agency or agent will receive no assistance from Air India. The passenger can only rely on the travel agencies for the necessary assistance.
Henceforth, now you know the necessary points of the refund policy and also the ways to apply for the refund at Air India.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.