Want to cancel your WestJet flight and apply for a refund instead? Well, Do not worry. WestJet provides a flexible and feasible refund policy making your travel smooth and happy. If your plan changes and you are willing to cancel the flight, you don't need to worry about the refund.
WestJet credits the refund to its customers once they apply for the refund. After your refund request is shared, WestJet takes around 7-14 days and might stretch up to 4-6 weeks to process the refund in your bank. However, you can also check the WestJet refund status by calling the customer support team of WestJet. Now let's proceed further to discover the detailed information in the content below.
Get Familiar with the WestJet refund policy
WestJet provides you 24 hours from the booking time to cancel your ticket free of cost and get a full refund of your ticket value. If you fail, you might need to pay the cancellation charges based on your ticket type, destination, and time.
- After the grace period, the refund amount is credited to your bank account after assessing the cancellation fee.
- Basic Fare ticket holders are not eligible for a refund after the 24-hour grace period.
- You are entitled to a full refund if your WestJet cancels your flight or delays it more than expected.
- If you carry Econo Flex or Econo, or Business Flex ticket or Premium Flex and cancel the ticket after 24 hours, you must pay the cancellation charges. The refund you get in your bank account is after subtracting the cancellation fee.
The above WestJet refund policy explains the refund terms and conditions and how it works. Now let's proceed further and thoroughly check out the WestJet refund process.
How can you get a WestJet refund?
It's a simple method if you want a refund from WestJet. You can get the refund online or offline by calling a WestJet representative. Here is the detailed procedure for your reference; go through it to avoid inconvenience.
Get a WestJet refund online
- Go to the WestJet website and click on the change/cancel flight button
- Access your booking details using the confirmation number, last name
- Now select the booking you wish to cancel and complete the cancellation process
- Once the ticket is cancelled, go to the refund page of the airline
- On the refund page, locate the WestJet refund form and open it
- Please provide all the details required in the form and submit it
- Now WestJet team will verify your request and, if eligible, process the refund to your bank
Get a refund by calling WestJet
You can also speak to the WestJet representative to apply for a refund on your behalf. You can talk to WestJet representatives and share with them your refund request. They will ask for your booking details and check if your ticket is eligible for a refund or not. If your fare condition applies, they will apply for a refund, which you will get in 4-6 weeks.
So by following the procedure above, you can easily get a refund from the website anytime. Besides, it takes around 4-6 weeks maximum to get a refund after you submit your WestJet refund request form. Hopefully, you are clear now about the WestJet refund; for any further information or if you have any doubt, speak to the website support team anytime.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.