Are you worried about getting a refund from British Airways? The airline permits its customers to cancel bookings in times of need. You can cancel your ticket and claim a refund from the airline. Post cancellation of your booking, you would want to know the British airways refund time. After submitting a refund request, the airline takes about 30 days to refund your amount. So, you will have to wait about a month for your refund from British Airways.
What is the refund policy of British Airways?
Refunds depend upon the time and method of cancellation. These parameters are essential for a person to be eligible for a refund. Before applying for a refund, you must get familiar with British airways refund policy. Every passenger must abide by these policies to request a refund. The policies are mentioned in the following section.
- The refund amount may vary as per the type of ticket booked. The exact amount will be mentioned at the time of ticket cancellation.
- If you have made your booking through a travel agent, you should contact them to get a refund. The travel agent may ask you to pay an extra fee for this.
- The types of tickets for this airline are different. Some are fully refundable, some are partly, and others are not. So, the eligibility for a refund depends on the fare type.
- You must dial the cancellation number or go to ‘Manage Booking’ on the website to submit a refund request. The airline may not respond to an email regarding refunds.
- The airline refunds the ticket amount for the flights it has to cancel due to operational or climatic problems.
- It allows you to claim a refund for the parts of the journey you did not fly.
British Airways Refund process
So now that you are aware of the refund policy and the time taken to get your refund, you should also learn the refund process. You can claim a refund by submitting an available British airways refund form. To get to this form, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Initially, you must visit the airline's official website, www.britishairways.com.
- You should hover the cursor over the ‘Manage’ option on the homepage.
- Enter your booking reference and surname to retrieve your booking. When your booking details open, check whether you have opened the correct booking.
- Click the cancel option below your booking. You must provide a reason for canceling your ticket and also select the refund option.
- In the next step, a refund form will open that you must fill out. Ensure that you enter all the correct details to avoid any issues later. Review the form and finally submit it.
- A confirmation email about cancellation and refund requests will be sent to your email ID.
How do I check the status of my refund?
After you have submitted a refund request, you must keep tracking its status regularly. You can check your British airways refund status by following the link in the email that you receive after submitting a refund request. You are suggested to keep checking the status of your refund from time to time.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.