British Airways enables you to upgrade your seat while you fly with Avios. Avios is the reward currency British Airways awards you when you take their services, such as flight bookings, hotel bookings, rental cars, etc. Passengers can use Avios reward to British Airways upgrade their seats to the next cabin.
- For short-haul flights, the upgrade is from economy to business class.
- For long-haul flights, you can upgrade from economy to premium economy, premium economy to business, and business to first class.
Passengers can upgrade their seats either when they book their flight or to upgrade their seats after booking before departure.
To get the upgrade to your already booked seat, you can follow the following steps:
- Navigate through British Airways, www.britishairways.com.
- Go to Manage my Booking to upgrade.
- Passengers have to type their confirmation number and last name to get their tickets in front of them.
- Look for the option Upgrade this flight with Avios.
- If the flight is eligible for an upgrade with Avios, you will get an upgrade to the next cabin. The seat upgrade will also depend on whether the seats are available in the next cabin.
- Passengers will receive a revised ticket with the seat upgrade via email.
To get an upgrade at the time of flight booking, please consider the following steps:
- Go to the British Airways website.
- Look for Book and upgrade.
- Log in with your membership number and password.
- Choose your destination and date from the drop-up calendar.
- Select the cabin you want to travel to and proceed to payment. In the payment section, click on upgrade with Avios. If the Avios points are sufficient, you will get a seat upgrade to the next cabin.
- Confirm your payment. A confirmation email will confirm your flight booking with a seat upgrade.
Get an upgrade with the help of customer service:
Contact the customer service of British Airways and speak to them to get an upgrade in the following way:
- Visit the website of British Airways.
- Go to Contacts and FAQs in the Assistance section.
- Call on British Airways' phone number, 1 (800) 247-9297.
- Get through the instructions of British Airways IVR.
- Press 1 for language.
- Press 2 for bookings.
- Press 3 for refunds.
- Press 4 for the lost and found complaint.
- Press 5 to repeat the instructions one more time.
- Press 7 to talk with their representative.
Talk with the representative as you press the seven key in just a few minutes and ask them to get a seat upgrade.
What is British Airways seat upgrade policy?
Getting a seat upgrade indeed adds to your comfortable journey. For the passengers, the British Airways upgrade policy has some essential points that you should remember before you upgrade your seat:
- The seat upgrade in British Airways is subject to the availability of seats. If the seats are available, then only you can get an upgrade.
- You can upgrade your seat from one cabin to the next cabin only, for example, from basic economy to premium economy, from premium economy to business class, and from business class to first class.
- In case you cancel your upgrade, the Avios points are non-refundable.
- You will receive the upgrade information via email from British Airways at least 24 hours before the flight departure.
How much does it cost to upgrade to premium economy on British Airways?
You can upgrade to premium economy on British Airways when you pay between 900$ to 1600$. The exact British Airways upgrade cost will depend on the ticket price, the distance between the destinations, and if you have any offer from British airways to get a discount.
For the seat upgrade by using Avios reward points, you must spend 38000 to 45000 Avios to get an upgrade to the premium economy on British Airways.
Can I upgrade to basic economy British Airways?
Yes, you can upgrade the basic economy on British Airways. You can upgrade from basic economy to business class on short-haul flights. In long-haul flights, the Euro traveler's basic economy is upgraded to a premium economy known as world traveler plus.
Is it worth upgrading to premium economy on British Airways?
Premium economy on British Airways offers several features for the comfort of the passengers that the basic economy on British Airways lacks. These features are mentioned below:
- The cabin is more spacious, has fewer rows and peaceful surroundings, and the staff is more attentive.
- The seats in premium economy are more comprehensive, with more legroom than in basic economy.
- Mocktails, cocktails, and a wide variety of drinks are available. Two complementary meals and bar service is also outstanding in the premium class.
- Noise-canceling headphones are available to passengers to enjoy the personal entertainment system.
- Premium economy gives more baggage allowance to the upgraded passengers.
- Priority check-in for the passengers is the most lovable feature as it saves a lot of time for passengers in long queue lines.
- Amenity kits are also available in premium economy.
All these features and services of the premium economy of British Airways make this cabin worth the upgrade. So if you are traveling with them and want to get British Airways upgrade to premium economy, don't think twice. Get you to upgrade to premium economy and enjoy these outstanding features of this cabin.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.