Passengers bought a ticket from China Eastern Airlines. Before check-in, you have to realize that the made on your reservation is misspelled. As per the policies, you would be denied permission to enter the aircraft. However, the airline allows passengers to change their names. Passengers need to follow the China Eastern Airlines name correction policy to rectify the name on the ticket. Let's find the guidelines you should follow in order to make the changes to your ticket.
What are the terms and conditions for changing the China Eastern ticket name?
Here is the list of the instructions that are mandatory to follow before applying for the name change:
- Passengers can change the name on their reservation before check-in. The airline allows you to check in 2 hours before the flight schedule.
- According to the 24-hour policies, the airline will charge no fee if the booking is edited within 24 hours of purchasing the tickets.
- After 24 hours, you must pay the fee based on the fare type, destination, and date.
- The airline doesn't allow you to change the name, but you can modify the name up to 3 characters. So, the airline gives a chance to rectify the typo error.
- Name change be change due to divorce or marriage, but you need to show the proper documents asked by the airline.
- Passengers can change the ticket name online or through customer support.
In the case of any issues related to the china eastern airlines name change, you can contact customer support. Visit the website of the airline for more details.
What are the steps to change the name online?
According to the China Eastern Airlines name correction policy, follow the steps shared below:
- Visit the website or open the app on your device.
- Click on the My Trip option.
- Enter the details, such as confirmation number and last name.
- You have to select the change flight option.
- Edit the details and click on the submit button.
Check the confirmation mail to cross-check the ticket to avoid last-minute trouble. In case you have any issues, contact a customer service live agent.
What is the China Eastern name change fee?
Generally, the airlines charge around the $ 100 to $ 200 change fee. The fee varies due to various factors, including the destination, fare, and date. You more accurate details, passengers are suggested to go through the fare conditions mentioned on their tickets.
How to contact customer support?
To resolve your worries, you need to talk with a live representative. You can get in touch with customer agents through a contact number or at the airport.
At the airport:
Suppose you are at the airport. You can reach the terminal mentioned on your ticket. Go to the helpdesk of your airline. They will help you change your ticket's name, but you need to share the flight details. After that, you can print the boarding pass and enter the aircraft.
If you aren't available at the airport, in that case, dial the China Eastern phone number +1 626-583-1500. The working hours are Monday to Friday from 09:00 AM-05:30 PM PDT Time. to talk with the airline. You have to choose your language and follow the IVR instructions to reach the right representative.
Is it Permissible to Change the Name on the China Eastern Ticket?
The name on the passport must be the same as on the flight ticket. Therefore, you can correct the name but can't change the name. It means you can't transfer the ticket to another flyer. You can change the two or three letters in your ticket's name only after paying the fee. In case you are required to change the name. First, cancel the flight, and you can rebook it. However, you need to pay the fare difference if required. Visit the website for more details related to china eastern airlines name change guidelines.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.