Austrian Airlines has a good safety record. In the past 10 years, there have been no fatal accidents involving Austrian Airlines aircraft. Most passengers make reservations with this airline to fly to their desired destinations. However, while booking the Austrian ticket, you updated the wrong name or made some mistakes while updating the name on the itinerary. For this reason, you are now worried about how to get rid of this issue. So, to remove these obstacles, the airlines will allow you to make name changes in the ticket. Therefore, to get it, you should get through the below content.
Austrian Airlines Name change policy
Austrian Airlines allows passengers to make name changes on their tickets, but there are a few restrictions. To know about it, you must get through the Austrian Airlines name change policy, cited under this content.
- The name change must be made before the first departure of the flight, and there is a fee of EUR 25/CHF 25/USD 25/CAD 35* (or equivalent in local currency) per ticket. The name change can only be made in writing, and the passenger must provide proof, such as a marriage certificate or a divorce decree.
- The name change policy prohibits passengers from transferring their tickets to another person. The name on the ticket must match the name on the passenger's passport or other government-issued ID.
- If a passenger needs to change their name after the first departure of their flight, they will need to cancel their ticket and book a new one. There may be a fee for canceling a ticket, and the new ticket may be more expensive than the original ticket.
The following are the rules for an Austrian Airlines name correction prior to ticketing:
- Only corrections of a maximum of two (2) letters in the first name or surname, corrections to nicknames, inverted first name and surname, and legal name corrections are permitted.
- Before ticketing, the fee does not apply.
- Suppose the incorrect name is noticed immediately after issuing the ticket. In that case, the ticket can be refunded within the 'grace period' (next calendar day), and a new ticket with the correct name can be issued based on current availability.
What is the Austrian Airlines Name change fee?
The Austrian Airlines change name on the ticket will charge EUR 30 or USD 32.46. This charge must pay for all passengers, adults, and infants.
How to change the name Austrian ticket?
Moreover, there are many ways to change the name from the Austrian ticket. However, if you are searching for how to get it stepwise, consider the things below readily.
Change through the website-
- Visit the Austrian Airlines website. Click on "Manage Bookings."
- Enter your booking reference code and surname.
- Select the booking that you want to change the name on.
- Click on "Change Name." request it; if the airline permits, change your name.
- Pay the name change fee and tap on "Submit."
- Your name change will be processed, and will receive a confirmation email.
Change via call-
Dial 1 (800) 843-0002; when the number connects with the live agent, you should request a name change and share the appropriate reasons for this; when a live spokesperson allows you, it is easy to make amendments. Share the booking or ticket details with the customer service person, change your name according to your preference, and proceed to pay the relevant fare to the airline; further, you will get its confirmation over your phone.
Things to consider while changing the name on an Austrian ticket
When changing the name on an Austrian Airlines flight, it's essential to keep the following things in mind:
- It is a must to Check the airline's name change policy
- Be aware of any fees or charges
- Review the eligibility criteria
- Austrian Airlines may require supporting documentation to validate the name change request. This could include identification documents, such as a passport or driver's license, marriage certificates, or other legal documents, as necessary. Gather the required paperwork beforehand to expedite the process.
- Contact Austrian Airlines' customer service via phone, email, or online support channels. Provide them with the necessary details about your reservation, explain the reason for the name change, and follow their instructions carefully.
- Once the name change has been processed, carefully review the revised flight ticket to ensure all the details, including the passenger name, are correct. Notify the airline immediately if you spot any errors.
- If the name change on your flight ticket affects other aspects of your travel, such as hotel reservations, car rentals, or visa applications, inform the relevant parties about the change to avoid any complications.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.