Sometimes, you might find mistakes in your name on the Philippine Airlines flight ticket that must be corrected. If you do not change the name, it could create trouble for future travel experiences. However, it is essential to change the name on the ticket; for that, you need to be well-enlightened about everything related to it. Starting from the policy to procedures and the cost of changing the name will help you change it. Therefore, let us discuss everything that can make this quick and convenient, and you will be able to change the name without any inconvenience.
What is Philippine Airlines' name change policy?
Before you start modifying the name on a Philippine Airlines ticket as it has been printed incorrectly, it is essential to know all the rules and regulations included in the Philippine Airlines name change policy, so going through the name correction, you can ignore all doubts or problems that could come your way. We have explained the complete policy below:
- Until you make corrections to the name within 24 hours of ticket booking, it will be completely free of cost.
- A single-letter alteration can be made to the name with the Airline without paying any charges.
- Other minor changes, such as adding or removing a letter or correcting spelling mistakes, will not be charged.
- If you are changing the first three letters of the name, you do not have to pay any charges.
- If your surname is not positioned in the right place of your name, then you can easily change that without any trouble.
- You must change the name at least 24 or 48 hours before the flight's take-off time. The process takes time, and the name cannot be changed at the last minute.
- The Airline will not permit you to change the full name on the ticket as it can be considered transferring the ticket, which is prohibited.
- You cannot request a name change 3 hours before the flight or at the last moment.
- The name can be changed accordingly for situations such as divorce or marriage, but you must submit the required documents during the process.
- You might need permission for salient changes, such as the surname, first name, gender, date of birth, or middle name. Only then will you be able to make these changes to the flight?
- Any minor changes do not require permission from the Airline.
- The cost for the name change depends on the class, changes you need to make, ticket type, and the time.
How can I change the name on the Philippine Airlines ticket?
The modifications to your name can be made quickly with the online procedure. It will be quick as you do not waste time contacting the customer executives. For the Philippine Airlines name change with Manage Booking, you have to follow the steps mentioned below. Manage Booking lets you make any modifications to the ticket and keeps you updated about the scheduled flight:
- Visit the official website of Philippine Airlines.
- Look for Manage on the page and select Manage Booking.
- Add the Booking Reference ( a six alpha-numeric code) and the Last Name and click on Find My Booking.
- Then, find Menu on the next page, and from the list of options related to the flight, you need to pick Name Change.
- Select the correction you need to make, and a form will appear.
- Fill out the form with the correct details and the changes you want.
- Submit the form, and the airline will notify you via confirmation email.
- After the changes have been made, a new ticket with modifications will be sent.
Can I change my flight ticket with Philippine Airlines at the Airport?
If you are having difficulty understanding the online process and changing the name on the flight, you can get to the Airport. Please navigate to the helpdesk at the Airport, provide the executives with all the details of your ticket and the changes you require to the name, and ask them to make the modifications. The executives will change the name, ask you to pay, if applicable, and provide a new ticket with modified information.
How much must I pay to correct a name on Philippine Airlines?
Whenever you need to make changes to the name, you should know that it is not always free of cost. You must pay certain charges if the changes you make are significant and not permitted without a fee. The Philippine Airlines name correction fee depends on many things and ranges from $20 to $50. You can pay this amount online, or you can visit the airport as well.
Conclusion: To enlighten you accurately on the name change topic, we have reviewed all the essential details required to correct your name.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.