Yes, you can change your name on a plane ticket to Icelandair. To change the name on the airline ticket, you can use the airline web page and offline options. If you cannot use both options, you can visit the airport, and they will change your name easily. You need to read the airline name change policy to do the Icelandair change name on the ticket.
Icelandair name change policy
Whenever you want to change your name, you can do it using any option. Before changing the name, please read the airline's terms and conditions. Here is the airline name change policy. You must read it carefully-
- Minor Corrections: Airlines typically allow minor corrections to passenger names, such as correcting typos. These changes are usually free or have a small administrative fee.
- Full Name Change: Changing a passenger's full name is usually prohibited. In such cases, you may need to cancel the existing booking and make a new one with the correct name, which might involve additional fees or fare differences.
- Marriage or Legal Name Change: Airlines may allow a name or a legal change due to marriage. However, you will likely need to provide documentation, such as a marriage certificate or court order.
- Misspelled Names: If your name was misspelled on the booking and it was the airline's mistake, they should typically correct it free of charge.
- Ticket Type: The type of ticket you purchased (e.g., refundable or non-refundable) can affect the flexibility of making name changes.
- International Flights: For international flights, strict security regulations often mean that name changes are more limited.
- Time Restrictions: Some airlines may have time restrictions on when you can request a name change before the scheduled departure.
- Airline mistake- if the airline creates any mistake in your name, you can change it without paying the penalty fees. The airline will generate a new PNR.
How can I change the name of Icelandair?
You can use the given options whenever you want to change your name on the airline. All the options are the easiest. You can use any of the alternatives according to your preference. To change the name on the flight ticket, you can use the given options carefully-
Use the manage booking option-
A tourist wants to change their name on the flight ticket. They can use this easiest option, and they will get the details from the airline representative on their registered credentials. Here are the details to use the online option-
- Open the web page of Icelandair.
- Locate your mouse and click on the manage booking option.
- Enter your reservation and other required details, and click the log-in option.
- Choose the booking that you wish to edit.
- Click on the change option and select the name option.
- Edit your name and click on the Continue option
- Review the details carefully and click on the submit option.
- If there is a penalty charge, kindly pay it by using these options-net-banking credit or debit cards.
- Get the confirmation through the airline representative on the registered official data.
Speak with the customer support-
If the passenger wants to change their name, they can speak with the airline customer support, and they will get the details with the representative rapidly. To change the name through the airline representative, they need to use the given details carefully-
- Dial the phone number-
- Listen to the automated voice prompts and press the number command according to the query.
- Get connected with the live person.
- Ask them to change your name.
- Provide the required details to the airline representative; your name will change.
- You will instantly receive confirmation from the airline representative on your registered credentials.
Visit the airport-
When you are unable to use the mentioned methods, you can use the last option, which is known as the airport. You can visit the airport and go to the help center. At the help center, you can ask the representative to change your name, and they will change your name, and you will get the details with the representative to your issues rapidly.
How much does changing the name on the Icelandair flight ticket cost?
When the traveler changes their name within 3 hours of the flight departure, they must pay the name change fee. The fee will depend on the various factors. The airline name change fees start from $35 per person to $350. For the other details about the Icelandair name change fee, you can speak directly with the airline representative or check out the latest details on the airline's official website.
Can I change my name on the Icelandair flight without paying the charges?
Yes, you can change my name on the airline without paying charges. You can change your flight name within 24 hours of departure; it is free. For other details about this, you can check out the airline information on the web page or speak with the airline customer service, and you will get the details from the representative quickly.
What happens if the airline representative enters the wrong name of the passenger?
If the airline makes any mistake for their passengers, the representative will make any modifications, and it is free of cost.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.