It is mandatory that the name on the passengers' ticket must be similar to that mentioned on their passport to board a flight and get permission to enter another nation. Therefore the airline offers flexible policies to change the name, but there is a certain Copa Airlines name change policy which means not everyone can change the ticket name. If you can't edit the ticket, what is the alternative so passengers can reach their desired destination?
Copa Airlines name change terms and conditions
Here is the list that needs to be considered before opting to modify the ticket:
- Reservation should be based on the information in the passport or valid travel document. Names or surnames on tickets should be matched with the passport.
- Correction can be done through the "Name correction form."
- Only 1 name is permitted to edit per ticket, and up to only 3 characters are allowed to make the changes.
- First or last name can't be changed entirely with another person. In that case, you need to cancel and rebook your flight.
- The ticket's name can be modified before check-in.
In case you have any confusion linked to the Copa Airlines name change, flyers can dial the Copa Airways phone number to seek support.
Who can change the name on their tickets?
In these scenarios, you are entitled to modify the name:
- Inverted Name or Surname: It means you can reverse the order of your name. In simple words, name as surname and surname as name.
- Eliminating the middle or surname: suppose the name isn't included in your travel document. So you are permitted to remove the name.
- Add Name or Surname: if the name is missing on your ticket but you mentioned it in your documents. You are allowed to add it by providing the relevant documents.
- Legal reasons: legal name change due to marriage or divorce. After submitting the certificates, modify the ticket name.
- Typo-errors: passengers can rectify the errors up to 3 letters.
In all these situations, you can Copa Airlines name correction is permitted. In case you have some queries, you can contact customer support.
How much do I need to pay for a reservation name change?
The airline allows free name changes to Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Economy Full, Business Promo, and Business Full classes at one time. However, you need $ 50 USD to modify the name for the basic fare, even if you bought the ticket directly or indirectly from the airline.
How can I modify my ticket name online?
Passengers can rectify their name online by following these steps anytime, anywhere:
- Visit the website of the airline.
- Choose the My Trip.
- Enter the code and last name, and click on your reservation.
- Choose the "Name Correction form."
- Make the payment if required.
- Select the Submit button.
You can check the details on the confirmation ticket sent to your registered mail id—an alternate way to speak with a live representative.
Copa Airlines Customer support
The easiest way to connect with a human agent to change the Copa Airlines name change on the ticket is
via the phone number or Copa Airlines office accessible at the airport.
Flyers can dial 1 786 840 (2672), and you have to follow the IVR instructions to get in touch with a customer agent. The helpline is available for assistance from 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., Monday to Sunday. If required, you can use other modes of communication, such as frequently asked questions, ConnectMiles number, or social media.
You will find a live representative at the airport. Go to the helpdesk at the terminal mentioned on your ticket. Share the details of your ticket, and the agent will help you with the appropriate information.
Does Copa Airline allow to change the name with date, time, and destination?
The airline permits travelers to change their name in addition to the change in the flight destination, time, and date. You need to pay $ 75 per passenger. Name correction prices may vary for international destinations due to distance and fare.
Can Copa frequent flyer members change names without any fee?
Preferred members holding Gold, Silver, Star Silver, or Star Gold membership have to pay the rectification fee when tickets are booked through the travel agency.
Is the Copa Airlines ticket transferable to another passenger?
The airline policies are flexible but not to the extent that flyers can transfer their tickets to someone else. The only correction is possible but not to give it to another passenger because transferring the ownership is prohibited by Copa Airlines.
How to fix the Copa Airline error name on the ticket?
You can quickly fix the name online through My Trip by offering valid documents. In case you have any concerns, contact customer support.
Follow the airline on social platforms like Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates and discounts to book cheaper flights. Visit the website for more details.
Disclaimer: Travoalone is a third party platform that provides travelers with the latest travel offers and holiday packages. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines, or travel service providing firm, but we make booking/changes for the similar as an associate booking provider (travel consolidator). The Phone number is associated with Travoalone travel agency, not any other brand or organization.